Our standard terms and conditions.
Last updated 29/05/2022
Terms and Conditions
Adam Gale T/A Moggy Daycare. Registered office address:
The Old Coach House, Lark Hill, Worcester WR5 2EQ
We provide Pet Sitting services. This means we visit your home to care for your cat(s) and other small animals by prior arrangement. We are also insured to walk dogs and transport animals.
Pet sitting services are either completed by Adam Gale for Worcester or Tim Brush for Droitwich, subject to availability.
A reference to you is the person booking our services.
References to us are Moggy Daycare.
Access to property
In order to complete our service we require access to your home, either by holding a key or the code to any electronically controlled doors. For those customers without a key safe we will collect keys on our initial visit or at a mutually agreed time. In the case that we need to collect/drop off the keys ourselves you will be charged according to our pricing.
Keys will be held securely and will be retained for the duration of the service and will either; be retained by us for future use at the approval of the hirer or collection/drop off can be arranged.
Please note we do not post keys back through your door after a sitting period has been completed. This is in the event of any potential delays so that we can ensure the well
We will need to be given the number to any alarm system and will ask to be shown how to disable and re-enable the alarm to perform our service.
We are only responsible for the care of cat(s) and other domestic animals as agreed at point of booking. The contract does not cover the care of any other items.
- We agree to provide our services in a reliable and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the client (you) expressly waives any and all claims against us, unless arising from gross negligence on our part. You agree to notify us of any concerns within 24 hours of returning home.
- We cannot be held responsible for pets which bite, suffer an accidental death or escape from faulty doors, windows or screens or from faulty fences on the property.
- We cannot be held responsible for any actions or complications which occur to pets when we are not on the premises.
- We cannot be held responsible for loss, injury or death of animals which are allowed outside when we are not there. For example; cats with cat flaps and animals which live outside.
- Where appropriate all pets must be registered with a local veterinarian. You agree to reimburse us for any costs associated with medical care which may be incurred. A vet release form will be generated for this purpose.
- We are unable to sit for pets with an uncontrolled medical condition or those who are acutely ill. We suggest these are boarded with a vet.
- You agree to be responsible for all costs (including, but not limited to, medical care, legal fees, etc) if your pet should bite another person or animal.
- We do not diagnose, prognose, or make therapy decisions, nor offer veterinary services. Any veterinary / medical concerns will be referred to a veterinarian in the best interests of the pets we are sitting for.
- You authorise us to obtain the services of a locksmith should a key/garage opener malfunction. You will be recharged for this upon your return and are responsible for all charges. We will make an effort to contact you before this is done.
- We cannot be responsible for the pet or home if another service provider, friend or family member enters your property during the agreed sitter period.
We request that we are given at least 24 hours notice to arrange a booking. We may be able to arrange bookings in a shorter period at our discretion.
Before first bookings with new clients can be completed, or those which have moved house we need to complete an initial house visit. This is not something which we are able to omit for the benefit of both parties and animals involved.
Bookings can be finalised via email; telephone; text message or WhatsApp and will be confirmed in writing by reply.
As a small business we would appreciate if you could pay as soon as possible once you are home. Full payment of the invoice should be paid within 7 days from the invoice date.
Failure to receive full settlement of our invoices in accordance with our payment terms may result in the matter being referred to our debt collection agents, K2 Collections Limited, whose charges will be added to the debt and payable in addition to the original invoice debt.
Invoices are to be paid via bank transfer; we do not accept cash payments.
We currently do not take deposits, however cancellation charges may apply.
Cancellations/Amendments to bookings made with less than 24 hours notice will be charged in full.
Cancellations/amendments to bookings made with less than 7 days notice will be charged at half price.
We do not sent reminders out for bookings.
We reserve the right to deny/terminate service because of safety concerns, financial concerns, or inappropriate or uncomfortable situations.
We are able to visit your home between the hours of 7am and 6pm subject to availability.
We offer an option of 1 or 2 sits per day.
Morning appointments – Typically between 7 am and 11 am
Midday appointments (Mon-Fri only) – Typically between 11am and 2pm
Afternoon appointments – Typically between 2pm and 6pm
Your appointment time may vary each visit depending on our other appointments.
It is possible to request a specific feeding time but this is only in the event we need to administer medication with it.
By registering with us you agree to authorise us to handle any emergencies that may arise.
We will make every effort to contact you or your nominated emergency contact, however you give us authority to act in the pets / home’s best interest.
We require you to have a responsible party to take care of the pet(s) in the event of unforeseen circumstances such as illness or if it is not safe to travel due to adverse weather (e.g. snow/flooding/etc), in the event of adverse weather impacting the ability of us travelling via car then unfortunately we may not be able to visit your pet(s). We suggest leaving a spare key with someone who lives locally to you (e.g. next-door neighbour) so somebody has access at all times. We are not responsible for pets in these circumstances.